• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jadeviews

What is the name of your state? NY

my husband confessed that he has a 4 month old (he signed the birth certificate). He will not give me any more information. What proof do I need to file for my divorce. He says he will not sign any divorce papers. Do I have to have the girls name and address? I hope not.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
To file for fault you need more than what you have. A paternity test naming him as the father of another woman's child )born during your marriage) would be proof of adultery, I'm pretty sure.

www.divorcenet.com has a very good New York State divorce page. You may want to check that out.

C

cyana

Question, momma_tiger

If she files a fault divorce on the basis of adultery (proof of adultery = child, presumed to be his) would she have to pay for the paternity test or would be in the hands of the court with the court ordering him to pay? I know nothing about fault divorces and this would be my next question.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't know, but assuming that's the only evidence she'd have of adultery, it seems it would be $500 well spent.

C

cyana

Thanks

Okay then. I agree that it would money well spent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">