• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lgetc

What is the name of your state? texas, i was married in s.c. in 95 two months later she ran off and i have not heard from since. i now live in texas since 96 and am wanting to get married what must i do to file for a divorce?

B

Boxcarbill

lgetc said:
What is the name of your state? texas, i was married in s.c. in 95 two months later she ran off and i have not heard from since. i now live in texas since 96 and am wanting to get married what must i do to file for a divorce?
To file for divorce, one files a petition for divorce. The more important question is how you get service of process of her. First, you make an effort to serve her personally. That means you call her parents, siblings, aunt/uncle or anyone else who may know how to contact her. Then if you cannot learn of her whereabouts, then a Motion for Sustituted Service of Process with an attached affidavit setting out the actual efforts that you have made to locate her stated therein is attached to the motion. Then the court will authorize a substitution which may be notice by publication. Get a lawyer and the lawyer will know what has to be done. Otherwise buy a book.

L

lgetc

Boxcarbill

she came from england i far as i knew had no family in the states. we meet in a truck stop and team drove before i did the stupid thing and all i ever knew was she had lived in n.c. i have tried to locate her using net detective and searchsystems but can not find anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">