• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CHINO

What is the name of your state? ARIZONA
I am new at this so bare with me please.. I was living in Illinios
for a few years and got married and had a child. My husband and I don't get a long and their is a lot of physical and mental abuse.
I have came to Arizona to visit my family. I am not divorced yet, but I do not want to go back for the fact that I don't want my children to have to grow up with this mess. I have another child which is not his. I guess i was wondering if he could make me go back, or If I could get into some kind of trouble If I don't go back
to Illinois. Could I file for a Divorce from Arizona whithout any problems??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You would need to satisfy AZ residency requirements before being able to file for divorce there. Until you do so, your husband can file in IL, and then you'd be forced to return there for any proceedings as well as retain an IL lawyer. Also, he could force you to send the kids back. You're MUCH better off going back to IL and filing there. Consider contacting the Nat'l Domestic Violence Hotline (www.ndvh.org) for local info (lawyers, shelters, how to proceed safely). Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">