• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce with 2 Taiwanese children.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmateo25

What is the name of your state? California

My FEMALE Filipino Citizen friend is married to a Taiwan Citizen. They have 2 Taiwan Citizen children. They lived in Taiwan for years and the husband works far from home. He goes home few times a week and 2 years ago, my female friend found out that her husband is having an affair. My friend doesn’t want her children to know about their father. A month ago, they flew in United States because apparently, she receives threat from the other woman, she fears for her life as well as for her children. United States is the place she thinks it’s safe for them. Just recently, she received a threat from the Taiwanese husband himself. My female friend is working full-time housewife. She’s the one who attends to all of her children’s needs as well as her husbands.’

1. Can the Taiwanese husband has the right to claim for their children?
2. Can she file bigamy against her cheating husband and the “other woman?”
3. Their I-94 (from United States Immigration) states that they are legal to stay until September 2007, can she leave her children to her relatives while she flies back in Taiwan for 3 days to file a divorce and then flies back in United States the same day? (She is working on their legality in United States).
4. Can she file a divorce in California?
5. What are her rights?

Please advice. Thank you.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? California

My FEMALE Filipino Citizen friend is married to a Taiwan Citizen. They have 2 Taiwan Citizen children. They lived in Taiwan for years and the husband works far from home. He goes home few times a week and 2 years ago, my female friend found out that her husband is having an affair. My friend doesn’t want her children to know about their father. A month ago, they flew in United States because apparently, she receives threat from the other woman, she fears for her life as well as for her children. United States is the place she thinks it’s safe for them. Just recently, she received a threat from the Taiwanese husband himself. My female friend is working full-time housewife. She’s the one who attends to all of her children’s needs as well as her husbands.’

1. Can the Taiwanese husband has the right to claim for their children?
2. Can she file bigamy against her cheating husband and the “other woman?”
3. Their I-94 (from United States Immigration) states that they are legal to stay until September 2007, can she leave her children to her relatives while she flies back in Taiwan for 3 days to file a divorce and then flies back in United States the same day? (She is working on their legality in United States).
4. Can she file a divorce in California?
5. What are her rights?

Please advice. Thank you.
She should consult with an attorney in CA. This case is too complicated for an internet message board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">