• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce 2 years green card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexia0608

hello
i am married to a us citizen and i have my green card since 1 year.

nothing is going well between us and i want to get divorce but i have no paper proof ( joint account , tax paper, insurance) .

can i divorce him ?
and will i be able to remove the condition on my green card ?
if yes how? bc i have cery less proof ( pictures, facebook posts, letters from family and friends)

any advice please?

OHRoadwarrior

At 1 year, you will not survive the 2 year review, since the spouse will not be there testifying marriage existed and you will have already been separated.

LdiJ

At 1 year, you will not survive the 2 year review, since the spouse will not be there testifying marriage existed and you will have already been separated.
That is not automatically true. OP, please consult a local immigration attorney.

alexia0608

is that possible to have a free immigration lawyer ?
because i dont have money. my husband have everything. He did never opened me a bank account so I never got money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">