• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John_123

What is the name of your state?CA

Does anyone know on average how long does a divorce case take for contending assets to final? And how long does it take without contending assets to final?

Zephyr

it all depends, some divorces are over within a few months and others much longer, I know of one divorce that actually lasted 12 years! no one can give you a hard and fast answer for that one.

LdiJ

WANNACRY said:
it all depends, some divorces are over within a few months and others much longer, I know of one divorce that actually lasted 12 years! no one can give you a hard and fast answer for that one.
Heck, my aunt's divorce wasn't final for about 4 years, but her property settlement wasn't final until 20 years later. Her case is STILL studied in the University of Kentucky Law School.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">