• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce with 3 month old and verbal abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fuelergirl111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I've been married for a year and a half now. I'm done with the verbal abuse and negativity. We have a 3mth old baby and he wants a divorce and so do I. He had to watch the baby the other morning that I came to work and texted me that he was done dealing with her and couldn't handle her crying. So I'm at work petrified he's gonna hurt her . He's threatened before if I leave him he will take her. He has 4 kids from a previous marriage and when they come to visit he has nothing to do with them . "Red Flag" I should have seen before we got married - he's been abusive to his kids And supposedly his ex-wife. He has been arrested for DV. I don't want to be married to him anymore and afraid for my baby's life. How do I go about getting out of this? We don't own a house or anything else. We rent. I will leave with nothing but my baby but how? Legally

LdiJ

I've been married for a year and a half now. I'm done with the verbal abuse and negativity. We have a 3mth old baby and he wants a divorce and so do I. He had to watch the baby the other morning that I came to work and texted me that he was done dealing with her and couldn't handle her crying. So I'm at work petrified he's gonna hurt her . He's threatened before if I leave him he will take her. He has 4 kids from a previous marriage and when they come to visit he has nothing to do with them . "Red Flag" I should have seen before we got married - he's been abusive to his kids And supposedly his ex-wife. He has been arrested for DV. I don't want to be married to him anymore and afraid for my baby's life. How do I go about getting out of this? We don't own a house or anything else. We rent. I will leave with nothing but my baby but how? Legally
It would not be illegal at all for you to leave with the baby. You both have equal rights to the child since she was born of the marriage. It would not be illegal for him to leave with the baby either.

If you truly feel that she is not safe with him, then don't leave her with him while you are working. Find alternative care.

fuelergirl111

It would not be illegal at all for you to leave with the baby. You both have equal rights to the child since she was born of the marriage. It would not be illegal for him to leave with the baby either.

If you truly feel that she is not safe with him, then don't leave her with him while you are working. Find alternative care.
I don't anymore. I have changed my schedule on that one day. My mom is her caretaker on the 5 days I work. And I Truly do not feel comfortable with leaving her with him , ever.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unless you can prove that he is a danger to the little one, he is going to get visitation if he wants it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What kind of proof ?
Something documented. Your feelings won't carry much weight. His "abuse" of his other kids isn't going to count for much as you went ahead and married him AND had a kid with him. The court is going to feel you found him an acceptable parent. What else do you have?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If he has been abusive to the children while they have been around you, you were complicit in that abuse as you did NOTHING about it. Why would you have had a child if you saw him be abusive to his children?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">