• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JALAMIA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey

I have a legal seperation agreement with my wife . We have been seperated for 6 years but not divorced . I am still listed as residing at the same address but have not lived their for six years . We want to file for the divorce now , can we still file a no fault divorce and do we really need an attorney since all the financial agreements were done six years ago?

LoriSam7879

There are a lot of online document preparation sites that help you with divorces. They only deal with non contested divorces, and since you guys have already figured everything out years ago (if you still agree on those terms) this would be a good way to go.
My sister used one: jointdivorce.com
She filled out a questionnaire about her situation, then their paralegals prepared the documents. She filed them at the courthouse, paid the court fee, and they both showed up for the court date. She says they were really helpful and also helped her with splitting up some financial issues and child custody.
Lori

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">