• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Breezy07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

My home was burglarized and vandalized after my husband and I separated. I asked him did he know anything about it and he said no. I filed a police report and contacted my homeowner's insruance company. Well it has come to my attention that not only did he know about it, he was the one who did the damage and stole the items. The items stolen were items that were replaced to me and my children from FEMA. He and I were not married nor were we living together. I have all receipts to prove ownership before he and I got together.

I have sent him discovery which asks questions about the break in and the items stolen and vadalized. Does he by law have to answers these questions or can his attorney advise him not to.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

My home was burglarized and vandalized after my husband and I separated. I asked him did he know anything about it and he said no. I filed a police report and contacted my homeowner's insruance company. Well it has come to my attention that not only did he know about it, he was the one who did the damage and stole the items. The items stolen were items that were replaced to me and my children from FEMA. He and I were not married nor were we living together. I have all receipts to prove ownership before he and I got together.

I have sent him discovery which asks questions about the break in and the items stolen and vadalized. Does he by law have to answers these questions or can his attorney advise him not to.

He has a constitutional right not to answer any questions which may incriminate him. There is no LAW requiring discovery being answered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">