• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lapunya

New Jersey

What is the decision can court make if I got married to the citizen of the U.S. and gave birth to the daugther who is 9 months old now. I have student visa myself and financially depend on my husband. we don't trust each other because of differences in religion and culture. Also I have got hypothyrodizm after my pregnancy.
Thank you

mistoffolees

New Jersey

What is the decision can court make if I got married to the citizen of the U.S. and gave birth to the daugther who is 9 months old now. I have student visa myself and financially depend on my husband. we don't trust each other because of differences in religion and culture. Also I have got hypothyrodizm after my pregnancy.
Thank you
You really need to post this in the immigration forum. The divorce is the easy part. The real question is whether you can stay in the US or not. If the daughter was born here, she is a US citizen, but I don't know how that affects your status - they will know in the immigration forum.

In any event, you're going to need to support yourself one way or another. You can't expect your stbx to support you forever. Depending on how long you've been married, they may not have to support you at all.

nextwife

The Hypothyroidism should be likely be irrelevant. Other than taking a thyroid pill daily, hypothyroidism is not disabilitating for most (my mom was hypothyroid for decades, and it never impacted her earning ability).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
New Jersey

Thank you
if your hubby wants custody, expect the child not to be allowed to be removed from the US. Why didn't you change your visa to a fiance visa or upon marriage? You have issues there that an immigration attorney will HAVE to address. What country are you from?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">