• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christigibbons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I need info on getting a divorce. Myhusband is currently incarcerated for domestic violence against me and I would like to get a divorce from him as soon as possible. Also any advice on how I can get financial assistance with this would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Christi Tickle

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I need info on getting a divorce. My husband is currently incarcerated for domestic violence against me and I would like to get a divorce from him as soon as possible. Also any advice on how I can get financial assistance with this would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Christi Tickle
You can try Legal Aid. However there are really not that many resources out there for financial assistance. You can however, represent yourself if you choose to do so. However, that may not be the best idea if you want a quick divorc.e

discdoc09

D-i-v-o-r-c-e

It's been a month since you posted so i hope you revisit this website and read my message. First off, do you have children? Is your husband still living with you? There are attorneys who work on a sliding fee. My best advice is to get out of that situation asap for your own safety. I hope you post a reply. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">