• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grem444

Hi i'm writing this on behalf of my girlfriend, she went to the us approximately 7 years ago and married a us resident from florida. The marriage only lasted a month and since then has had no contact with him. She is of U.K. citizenship and is residing in the uk at the moment. She wants to know if she can get a divorce here in the uk without contacting him. If she remarries will she get in trouble if she wants to go back to florida. Thanks for any help regarding this matter.

mistoffolees

Hi i'm writing this on behalf of my girlfriend, she went to the us approximately 7 years ago and married a us resident from florida. The marriage only lasted a month and since then has had no contact with him. She is of U.K. citizenship and is residing in the uk at the moment. She wants to know if she can get a divorce here in the uk without contacting him. If she remarries will she get in trouble if she wants to go back to florida. Thanks for any help regarding this matter.
That would require someone knowledgeable about UK law and this board covers only US law. See a solicitor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">