• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adamduhamel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
My wife left me a note last year. She wanted to be a swinger and met someone on line. She moved to live with him and be a swinger. I want a divorce. She left me with me with 6 months left on a lease which i could not afford. Someone gave me $3,00 to buy out of the lease. I want her half ($1500). Also the car she took is titled in my name, but the regristation is in her name. The car was bought before the marriage. I paid off the entire loan for it last year. I now want the car. There's no other property and no children. Can I do this without a lawyerWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
My wife left me a note last year. She wanted to be a swinger and met someone on line. She moved to live with him and be a swinger. I want a divorce. She left me with me with 6 months left on a lease which i could not afford. Someone gave me $3,00 to buy out of the lease. I want her half ($1500). Also the car she took is titled in my name, but the regristation is in her name. The car was bought before the marriage. I paid off the entire loan for it last year. I now want the car. There's no other property and no children. Can I do this without a lawyerWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
No one can tell whether YOU can do it without a lawyer because it really depends on how well you present your case.

It can be done without a lawyer, but if you want to try it on your own, you're going to need to learn the rules of procedure for your court and make sure you understand how the entire process works. If you learn the process and do it properly, then you might win.

OTOH, if you have an attorney, you improve your chances of winning. You might find that you're better off getting a second job to pay the attorney rather than spending countless hours learning the process.

But there's not enough information there to tell you whether what you're requesting is reasonable. For example - the car. If you have another car, it's likely that the court will give her one car and you keep one. A lot also depends on how long you were married - which isn't given. There are other factors that need to be considered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">