• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pgarrison

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC
I live in SC, how hard is it to prove habitual drunkedness? We have 2 children 12 and 20 (full-time college student), My husband is a angry alcoholic and once I tell him that I want a divorce all hell will break loose, he has said before that he will not leave the house, that I will have to leave. I work part-time and he has a good job, will he have to pay alimony and child support? We have a house that we still owe quite alot on, I would rather not stay in the house because I cannot afford the bills, can I request the the house be sold or that he pays the house payment even if I stay.
Thank You

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC
I live in SC, how hard is it to prove habitual drunkedness? We have 2 children 12 and 20 (full-time college student), My husband is a angry alcoholic and once I tell him that I want a divorce all hell will break loose, he has said before that he will not leave the house, that I will have to leave. I work part-time and he has a good job, will he have to pay alimony and child support? We have a house that we still owe quite alot on, I would rather not stay in the house because I cannot afford the bills, can I request the the house be sold or that he pays the house payment even if I stay.
Thank You

You need to file for divorce and request exclusive use of the marital home. How long have you been married?

Why do you want to show drunkenness? (it's not really going to affect much at all)

nextwife

If he's a habitual drunk, the WORST plan would be to continue to depend on his income. It's likely only a matter of time until he loses his job, is arrested on a DUI, causes an accident, is jailed or faces some other financial calamity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">