• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

13dfin

I live in California. In July of this year my wife asked for a divorce. I do not want one, so we have not begun the process. She wants the divorce, live together, co-parent and be able to do our own thing. I am and can not do this. She is seeing and sleeping with other people. Emotionaly I am spent and depressed. Now want to move out. Should I move out?

Proserpina

I live in California. In July of this year my wife asked for a divorce. I do not want one, so we have not begun the process. She wants the divorce, live together, co-parent and be able to do our own thing. I am and can not do this. She is seeing and sleeping with other people. Emotionaly I am spent and depressed. Now want to move out. Should I move out?

That's entirely up to you. Things to consider though, is who the primary caregiver is at the moment and do either of you wish to change that?

She'll get her divorce without your input, eventually. Now is the time to decide what you want to do about it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No one can make this decision for you. But be aware that the decision you make could affect any physical parenting time you end up with. You should speak w/an attorney to get a realistic idea of what amount of time you will have, depending on your children's ages, current caregiving arrangements/schedule and so on. Be aware that moving out will send a clear signal to the court that you consider Mom to be a fit caregiver for the children.

As Pro pointed out, she will get a divorce if she wants one. Your influence on how it goes will largely depend on when you pull your head out of the sand and realize that fact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">