• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oceangurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida Hi! My husband of 26 yrs wants a divorce. I have been nothing but a good wife. I have been a homemaker all those yrs and no children. He has been cheating on me and moving on. Questions...we have 1 more yr on our home mortgage. I do not want to lose my home. What are my options? Also I had some mutual funds when I entered into this marriage. Do i have to split that money with him as it was mine beforhand. He has a small Ira. Will I get half of that money? Am I eligible for alimony as I have not worked all those yrs and presently and have no income nor skills. Also I owe 2 and a half yrs on my vehicle. Yr 2010. With no way to make payments. What will happen as I need a car. Ty!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida Hi! My husband of 26 yrs wants a divorce. I have been nothing but a good wife. I have been a homemaker all those yrs and no children. He has been cheating on me and moving on. Questions...we have 1 more yr on our home mortgage. I do not want to lose my home. What are my options? Also I had some mutual funds when I entered into this marriage. Do i have to split that money with him as it was mine beforhand. He has a small Ira. Will I get half of that money? Am I eligible for alimony as I have not worked all those yrs and presently and have no income nor skills. Also I owe 2 and a half yrs on my vehicle. Yr 2010. With no way to make payments. What will happen as I need a car. Ty!
Your mutual fund is premarital property, so the only part you may have to "share" is whatever increase has occurred during the marriage, either through additional contributions or interest. Same w/his pension.

You are likely eligible for spousal support, but I can almost guarantee that it will not be enough to live on. You need a job. Look into displaced homemaker training.

The house and car? Will all be part of the settlement, so will need to be negotiated.

No matter what - you need a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">