• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maidencrow

I messed it up!

Idaho. I got married at 20 and the day before our first year anniversary he showed signs that he'd be abusive. Having been there done that with my childhood, I got out ASAP and told him I wanted a divorce. However he refuses to sign any papers and it's pricey to get a divorce here. That year they simply denied giving me papers and told me to work it out. So I waited a year and got papers. Those are now long expired and the price has gone up 3 times the amount! I haven't even seen this guy in years, I am now 29. I moved on with my life cuz I got tired of not knowing where to start the divorce and I get overwhelmed when i go to the court house because there are so many steps, which I'd be willing to take if it weren't so expensive. If anyone knows where I can go for a decent priced divorce I'd love to hear it. We have no property to fight over, no belongings, and no children together. I'm tired of carrying his name, when I have moved on. I was naive getting married that young not knowing all the legal things, and still don't. It'd be much cheaper if I just had a legal name change, but to the state I'd still be married.. Anyone have any friendly advice? Please be kind, I'm aware of my mistakes and i won't be repeating them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">