• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NeedhelpinFla

What should my first step be? I have been in an abusive marriage for 10 years. Mainly verbally but sometimes physically. I am imprisoned at home and am not permitted to do anything or go anywhere without him. I must sit with him at all times and meet his every need. I am so sad and have finally developed the courage to seek a divorce. I am worried about my financial picture. Only the house is in both names, everything else is in his, even my car. I am worried that when he finds out about this he MAY become physically enraged and try to harm me and destroy everything. Do I tell my attorney about his abuse of me? Can I handle this without telling the world? I live in Florida and do not know what to do. I have a good job and can afford to live on my own in a modest way, but that is better than enduring the pain any longer.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">