• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in Abstensia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hilda925

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I am asking on behalf of my daughter. She has been estranged from her husband for about 10 years. She does not know where he is or how to get in touch with him. She now wants to divorce him. How can she do that without being in touch with him?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I am asking on behalf of my daughter. She has been estranged from her husband for about 10 years. She does not know where he is or how to get in touch with him. She now wants to divorce him. How can she do that without being in touch with him?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
She needs to make a decent effort to find him. If she then cannot, she can divorce him by serving him via publication. However, that is really not a DIY project, she really needs an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">