• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce-advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brighteyes

What is the name of your state? MO

I'm requesting info for a friend. She went out of town to visit relatives for the holidays. She returned home and her husband told her he wants a friendly divorce. The husband proceeds to tell her that he has found someone else. He also wanted to inform her that he was having sex in their martial home while she was gone. They were married in 1991.

According to my friend, she got a restraint order/Exparte against her husband. She said that he pushed her down. I know there has been verbal abuse from husband. I have witnessed it. My friend has had a drinking problem for several years. The husband also drinks.

My question here is does she need to seek rehab first or an attorney? She made an appointment with a lawyer, but it is a week away. I think she needs professional mental help now. She can't function and is refusing to eat. She said food makes her sick. She is drinking shots of whiskey. I'm concerned that she will get alcohol poisoning. She only weighs a little over 100 lbs.

She has no family here. I called her Mom. She has lots of reasons why she can't come (excuses). I'm feeling overwhelmed. My friend needs professional help.

brighteyes

Divorce Advice

I had the same feelings when she told me about it. He told her all he wants is the house. He said she can have whatever else she wants. Luckly, they don't have any children.

Can anyone tell me what she can ask for in her divorce?

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">