• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fstbkcuda

What is the name of your state? OR

I have been married 11 years and want to file for divorce but need some advice. First I don't know where my husband is and second we have three minor children together. My husband left a year ago and hasn't made any contact with myself or the children, I left the state of Michigan eight months ago and relocated to Oregon with the children, no there isn't another man involved, I just wanted a fresh start. I don't have alot of money and wanted advice on how to start divorce proceedings, thanks so much.

LdiJ

fstbkcuda said:
What is the name of your state? OR

I have been married 11 years and want to file for divorce but need some advice. First I don't know where my husband is and second we have three minor children together. My husband left a year ago and hasn't made any contact with myself or the children, I left the state of Michigan eight months ago and relocated to Oregon with the children, no there isn't another man involved, I just wanted a fresh start. I don't have alot of money and wanted advice on how to start divorce proceedings, thanks so much.
It honestly would be best to have an attorney. Since you don't know where he is you are going to have to serve him via publication. That works much easier with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">