• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce advice needed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hnm8cd

Missouri ;
I'm asking for a friend, who is trying to get a divorce. His wife went and for a loan to put a down payment on an apartment, all in her name. He gave her 80 dollars to go get divorce papers. They were married 3 months and then she told him she didn't want to be together and she didn't love him. So he moved out and moved to Missouri, she lives in ga. Well recently he has been talking to courts about getting the divorce and she has been texting him saying if he doesn't give her money for the loan and the rent on the apt. Then she will get him for allimony and abandonment. Is it possible? If so, what will happen?

Silverplum

Many necessary details are missing from your post. Please have your friend sign up for his own account so he can get valid legal help.

I can say that a 3-month marriage will not qualify for alimony.

Missouri ;
I'm asking for a friend, who is trying to get a divorce. His wife went and for a loan to put a down payment on an apartment, all in her name. He gave her 80 dollars to go get divorce papers. They were married 3 months and then she told him she didn't want to be together and she didn't love him. So he moved out and moved to Missouri, she lives in ga. Well recently he has been talking to courts about getting the divorce and she has been texting him saying if he doesn't give her money for the loan and the rent on the apt. Then she will get him for allimony and abandonment. Is it possible? If so, what will happen?

nextwife

Missouri ;
If SHE wants the place, SHE should pay for it!

She's hallucinating if she thinks she has ANY basis to be granted alimony!

But he's a fool not to complete a divorce ASAP. If she turns up pregnant by someone else, HE will be the legal father (until he dis-establishes paternity).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">