• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce after deportation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I married a man approximately 10 years ago who was here on a student Visa from Egypt. He was deported shortly after for illegal drug charges (I picked a winner) and sent back to Egypt. We were together for almost a year with no children and no property between us. There has been no contact since prior to his deportation, and I have no idea how to get in touch with him.

In order to get a divorce from this man, would I need to use Constructive Service in Egypt, or is there a different method?

Thanks in advance!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I married a man approximately 10 years ago who was here on a student Visa from Egypt. He was deported shortly after for illegal drug charges (I picked a winner) and sent back to Egypt. We were together for almost a year with no children and no property between us. There has been no contact since prior to his deportation, and I have no idea how to get in touch with him.

In order to get a divorce from this man, would I need to use Constructive Service in Egypt, or is there a different method?

Thanks in advance!
Get yourself an attorney. You can get divorced but the proceedure has to be done exactly right. Don't attempt it on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">