• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce or annualment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parker2002

I've post on here twice about getting an annualment for my finacee here in in north carolina, now someone draws my attention to this question. He was already married to a girl in S.C., when he married this other girl here in N.C. 6 years ago. the divorce from the s.c women was not finalized until March of this year. does this make his last wife legally married to him? There is a marriage certificate stating he is married to her. but seeing how he was married to this other girl until this year does that void that marriage? is it legal to get a divorce then? I wasn't sure if you could divorce a marriage that isn't legal to begin with or is it legal now that the divorce is final? please help me out, there aren't hardly any lawyers in my small town that offer free consulations. i really want to marry this person but want it to be legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">