• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faw11

Divorce trial is over-My attorney never asked for crucial financial documents. How do I get them now and prove ex committed fraud?

Proserpina

Divorce trial is over-My attorney never asked for crucial financial documents. How do I get them now and prove ex committed fraud?
Have you decided who you are yet?

Earlier post:

Attorney Never Got Documents
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Penna.
My attorney never received all the subpoenaed documents from my exs 401k plan. The plan administrator for my exs 401k said it was not possible to get 401k statements prior to 1990,we needed all the 401k documents from 1983.I have spoken with numerous CPA(s), and people from investment firms, and everyone tells me the records are available.Everyone says the 401k plan administrator was wrong.My attorney never pursued these subpoenaed documents, and accepted the plan administrators word that these documents were not available. My attorney also filed a "Production of Documents" request with my exs attorney/courts for my ex to produce other crucial financial documents. My ex never produced these documents, and my attorney never pursued these documents. I know my ex committed fraud, and I am pretty sure my lawyers actions/lack of action is grounds for legal malpractice.I really do not want to pursue my attorney,I think my attorney actually tried his best,but got in over his head.I told my attorney my ex was a master at manipulating people and to be careful.What can I do now? The trial and all appeals are over, without these documents I can not show my ex manipulated 600,000.00 from the 401k.I am being forced to sell our marital house to get my ex her share of the equity, I am being forced into bankruptcy, I will not have a place to live, my credit has been destroyed.I would prefer to just expose my exs fraud, and I would be OK financially.I might have to pursue restitution from my attorney if I can not get the documents my attorney should have gotten.Otherwise I will be bankrupt, penniless, no credit, etc. I should have no debt, 300,000.00 in my 401k, and receive 3000.00 monthly alimony, but that is not the case. What can I do ?
Find an Attorney
Earlier post:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Penna.
My attorney never got crucial 401k and credit card financial documents during divorce trial from my ex.The 401k is with my exs employer, and all the credit card debt and other loans were in my exs name only. I am not allowed to get the documents myself (they are all in my exs name only), yet I am being held responsible by the courts for the debt.My attorney requested some of them during the trial, but my ex never produced them.When my ex refused to produce the documents my attorney never pursued(or forgot, my attorney forgot a lot of important things during the trial) the documents, or filed anything to force my ex to provide the documents. Trial and appeals are over, my attorney now tells me I can not get the documents.These documents will show my ex hid over 420,000.00 from the courts and me. What can I do now, If I can not get these documents, I can not show my ex committed fraud,I will not get the money due me, and I will be forced to declare bankruptcy.
Earlier post:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
My ex is declaring bankruptcy to get out of paying me the court ordered settlement, no kids or alimony involved.I do not need the money,I am very well off,my ex does need the money.Will my ex be able to do this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">