• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamah

What is the name of your state? California

I just got divorced in California. I filed for the divorce, but my ex and I came up with a settlement agreement (with the help of a paralegal) that included the division of property, child/spousal support, custody, etc. Our paperwork was accepted and our divorce is final. Even though he agreed to everything, now my ex says that everything isn't fair bla bla bla. Could he go in and have things changed at this point?

Also, the amount of child support was based on what he was making at the time of our divorce, since then, he has been missing a lot of work, (almost lost his job actually), so he hasn't been making as much money. Would the judge change the support amount even if it's my ex's fault that he has been choosing not to go into work?

And....if my ex files for bankruptcy, how might that effect me?

Thanks so much for reading all of this. ANy input is grately appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">