• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in California Still fighting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaeyreed

I have spoken a couple of times to I am Always Liable regarding my fight with PERS. I am still getting letters from them demanding payment. I have found CA government code section 20160. I recieved my payment in August of 1999 and did not receive a letter from them until 02-26-01 regarding the error. It stands to reason that the amount was figured in July 1999 sometime, therefore wouldn't the six months rule apply. Also, in the copy of the Precedential Decision you gave me it mentions estoppel, could you explain to me what estoppel means. I'm not sure how that Decision applies to me and I am trying to figure out all of it. Thank you very much and I apologize for bothering you again. My original post was in March of this year.

vrzirn

My opinion: Go back to the original reply given to you by IAAL. Read very carefully the lengthy decision on the site to which you were referred. It will define estoppel. In a nutshell, the court decided that PERS would allow the plaintiff to keep the extra money he had been paid as a result of PERS' error. However, that did not mean they were going to permit the plaintiff to keep receiving the unearned extra benefits until he died.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">