• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Cancellation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cocokrisp

What is the name of your state? Florida (Broward County)

After 14 years of marriage, I divorced my husband because he cheated on me. I divorced him on December 22, 2006. Right before Christmas? You may ask. Yes, I was a witch who wanted revenge.:mad:

We were separated about 1 1/2 years before the divorce was filed.

After giving it much time, forgiving him as well as forgiving myself, I am finding myself back into his arms. This marriage was more than about money and materialistic things. This marriage was about our love for each other.:)

Anyway, is there a way I could cancel or withdraw the divorce? :confused:

Many thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
TeriWhat is the name of your state?

What is the name of your state? Florida (Broward County)

After 14 years of marriage, I divorced my husband because he cheated on me. I divorced him on December 22, 2006. Right before Christmas? You may ask. Yes, I was a witch who wanted revenge.:mad:

We were separated about 1 1/2 years before the divorce was filed.

After giving it much time, forgiving him as well as forgiving myself, I am finding myself back into his arms. This marriage was more than about money and materialistic things. This marriage was about our love for each other.:)

Anyway, is there a way I could cancel or withdraw the divorce? :confused:

Many thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
TeriWhat is the name of your state?
Hi Teri,

you cannot "withdraw" a dissolution of marriage once it is finalized. You'll have to remarry your ex-husband.

I just watched Dr. Phil yesterday (it was about a woman torn between her ex-husband and present husband) and he said that the success rate of remarrying your ex-husband is in the single digits. If he cheated once, there is a good chance that he is going to do it again. Even though he might swear to you and promise you that he'll never do it again. I would be VERY cautious. He has hurt you before and you are vulnerable. I wish you the best of luck !

Bali Hai

Hi Teri,

you cannot "withdraw" a dissolution of marriage once it is finalized. You'll have to remarry your ex-husband.

I just watched Dr. Phil yesterday (it was about a woman torn between her ex-husband and present husband) and he said that the success rate of remarrying your ex-husband is in the single digits. If he cheated once, there is a good chance that he is going to do it again. Even though he might swear to you and promise you that he'll never do it again. I would be VERY cautious. He has hurt you before and you are vulnerable. I wish you the best of luck !
If everyone conducted their lives based on what that knit-wit (Dr. Phil) said, this would be an extremely boring life.

LdiJ

She said she divorced him on December 22, 2006. That implies that it was final then.
I know, but there was something in her wording that made me think that it was possible that she filed on 12/22/06 rather than it being final on that date....the part about her being a witch for choosing that timing...so I thought I would mention that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I know, but there was something in her wording that made me think that it was possible that she filed on 12/22/06 rather than it being final on that date....the part about her being a witch for choosing that timing...so I thought I would mention that.
Point taken. But now we are disappointing Bali Hai.

If everyone conducted their lives based on what that knit-wit (Dr. Phil) said, this would be an extremely boring life.
Dr. Phil knows more about relationships than everyone one of us here on the board combined. People who diss Dr. Phil don't have a clue ! Life would be less boring actually, relationships would work a lot better if people would just listen to what he has to say. Bali-Hai, you should watch Dr. Phil sometimes, you might be able to learn something instead of constantly critisizing others.

Bali Hai

Dr. Phil knows more about relationships than everyone one of us here on the board combined. People who diss Dr. Phil don't have a clue ! Life would be less boring actually, relationships would work a lot better if people would just listen to what he has to say. Bali-Hai, you should watch Dr. Phil sometimes, you might be able to learn something instead of constantly critisizing others.
I didn't realize you had such a high opinion of the jerk, I mean Dr. Phil.

I'll check the TV guide and tune in the next time the clown, I mean Dr. Phil airs.

I didn't realize you had such a high opinion of the jerk, I mean Dr. Phil.

I'll check the TV guide and tune in the next time the clown, I mean Dr. Phil airs.
Dr. Phil is THE MAN :p

I'm serious though, you really should watch him, you might be able to pick up some people skills :p

Just Blue

We should send a link to Bali's post to Dr Phil.....Perhaps the good doctor could cure what ailes poor Bali...(you know...the bitterness thing...;) )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">