• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce/child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OSNNG2L

jennifer l. pad said:
What is the name of your state? virginia
i am 25. the lease is in both our names and he gave 60 days to the office, so we both have to move out. my daughter and i can live with my aunt and uncle but they only have a two bedroom and they have a 6 year old son.

***Ok notice was given and you have a place to stay...That is at least a start...Maybe not the easiest of choices, but definitely a start...You need to have a roof over the both of your heads and you have that set...Ok now on with the other parts of your post...***

==============================================

he makes $40,000. a year.
***He who makes 40,000/yr? I assume your soon to be ex and not your uncle in reference to...?

he won't let me be on the checking account
***Being that you are legally married you are entitled to a fare share of the money in the best sense for the best interest for your child. Any money earned in a marriage after the date of marriage is legally split 50/50 until the final divorce decree is set. Being that said if he is refusing to offer support for your way of living and for his own child. You make sure you document it as much as possible for his actions and non cooperativeness as it will come in handy when you start getting the divorce rolling and custody issues as well as child support or alimony will be determined. He thinks he has the upper hand now, just wait and see what happens when you take that ass for what he has. I'll do my best to help you in any way that I can if you would like my help as I am familiar in this area as to know what to expect in the midst of a divorce...I have been there once all ready. So, its up to you...???***

and now i have found he has 3 different accounts as well. he won't let me buy food or milk with his money and i only work 1 day a week and i get paid every two weeks. i don't want this to turn into something ugly in divorce court and i feel $300.00 a month for our daughter is not enough. how can i get legal advice if i have no income? do you know anyone who can help me?
***I don't understand why in the heck he has 3 accounts in his name when only 1 should be suffice unless he owns a private business of his own then I can understand that...But if he works for a company and needs not more than 1 account then why have more than one acount. I could also understand 1 checking and 1 savings account...But 3 is rediculous...Anyways...

I don't know what is mentality is like or who he is on a personal level so whether or not he has a violent streak a suggestion you could make it that if he does not make support for the needs of his child as for the stuff you need (necessesities of life) and in order to live that you will take legal action against him in order to attempt to collect back support for the time he does not support you and that child or Child in general in which after the divorce it isn't going to matter about you really ( NO OFFENSE INTENDED ) just everything is going to revolve around that child and all.

But maybe if you scare him with that factor and make it look completely serious with no hint that you may or may not truly do something about it, then maybe he might get a little nervouse and contribute to the support of the above said minor child. That is an option...Other than that even if 300.00 does not sound enough it is still going to be based on what the court decides in which usually for 1 child it is 25 percent of gross per month...

So lets say he makes 40000.00/yr gross which leads to roughly 3333.00/mth in gross...Being 3333.00 is gross wages to him and that is what they base it on then for 1 child you are probably looking at around 833.25/mth for child support not including alimony if the judge will grant that at the time...It all depends. But that is a rough estimate depending upon your states reuirements and what the judges final decision is and how it was based...

But don't quote me on my figures, cause I am just simply giving an estimate and assumption on that basis in which Minnesota resides with...So, I don't want you to end up getting your hopes up...Stay positive and don't let yourself down...I am sure you will be just fine...As for the information you requested in who you could contact in reguards to your request you could try contacting the 800 # listed below for Virginia Legal Aid in which if the same as here will do your legal representation at NO COST to you if you qualify or will be at a low sliding fee if not eligible for the NO COST! They can direct you in the right direction otherwise. So here is the information::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
VLAS Legal Office Locations

Statewide Toll-Free Client Access Number
1-866-LeglAid or
1-866-534-5243

For Free Legal Advice Call our TAP line
1-800-552-7676

Danville
Masonic Temple
Suite 400
434-799-3550
Serving Danville, Martinsville and the counties of Henry, Patrick and Pittsylvania

Emporia
412 S. Main Street
434-634-5172
Serving Emporia and the counties of Brunswick, Greensville, Mecklenburg and Sussex

Farmville
104 High Street
434-392-8108
Serving counties of Amelia, Buckingham, Charlotte, Cumberland, Lunenburg, Nottoway and Prince Edward

Halifax
P.O. Box 640, 129 S. Main Street
434-476-2136
Serving South Boston and the County of Halifax

Lynchburg
P.O. Box 6058, 513 Church Street
434-846-1326
Serving Lynchburg and the counties of Amherst, Appomattox and Campbell

Suffolk
112 W. Washington Street Suite 300
757-539-3441
Serving Suffolk and Franklin and the counties of Isle of Wight and Southampton

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

But, yeah try there and if you need more help or advice and would rather talk to me personally...I will do my best to do what ever I can for you...It is no problem...My contacts are:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

-----Instant Messenger Screen Names Are:-----

Yahoo! --- OSNNG2L

MSN --- [email protected]

or AIM --- OSNNG2L

***Feel free to drop me a line anytime...I am glad to be of assistance...And no need to be shy...I am not some psycho masked lunatic...I have a lot of better things to do other than that...***LMAO*** Besides that I am starting college this fall for Law Enforcement Schooling to become a Cop...So go figure...hehehe...

Anyways...Hope that all helped and hope to hear from you soon if you need help. Otherwise good luck, take care, and god bless!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: Re: divorce/child

OSNNG2L said:
[BI am familiar in this area as to know what to expect in the midst of a divorce...I have been there once all ready. So, its up to you...???***

***LMAO*** Besides that I am starting college this fall for Law Enforcement Schooling to become a Cop...So go figure...hehehe...
[/B]
Well, I have a few questions... In one of your other posts, you state you're 16, trying to get emancipated, and (if that works) intend to move to MN to live with your Internet boyfriend - finishing HS there. Now you've been through a divorce already, and are going to college in the fall. Which is it?

O

OSNNG2L

Re: Re: Re: divorce/child

momma_tiger said:
Well, I have a few questions... In one of your other posts, you state you're 16, trying to get emancipated, and (if that works) intend to move to MN to live with your Internet boyfriend - finishing HS there. Now you've been through a divorce already, and are going to college in the fall. Which is it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In relation to your question I have answered that question for CBG under the following

----EMPLOYMENT AND LABOR LAW

--------->Hiring and Firing

--------->Sick Leave

Your answer to that question resides there.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So you're the boyfriend. In all honesty, your 16 yo girlfriend may think it's luuuuuuv for her 23 yo Internet pal to share a screen-name with her. I see it as something way different and much less idealistic & cute.

O

OSNNG2L

momma_tiger said:
So you're the boyfriend. In all honesty, your 16 yo girlfriend may think it's luuuuuuv for her 23 yo Internet pal to share a screen-name with her. I see it as something way different and much less idealistic & cute.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say what you want to say cause none of it bothers me...As her and I both know the truth and believe in something more than what you may see it as or what you believe it should be.

So I guess its wrong as well being the fact I know a woman who is 29 yrs old and is married to a 43 yr old. In my book they are many more years apart but are happily married as they could ever hope for and be. I don't place no shame on them and I neither does anyone else. Age is merely a number in history as that where they place on a maturity level.

You don't know her and you don't know me as her and I know each other...There for before you become so condescending and out right disrespect as making a judgement on something you have no clue about, then I suggest people best lay off our case for wanting to be happy and that being together.

Last time I remember there wasn't a law to keep people from wanting to be happy....So that is all I have to say about that...

O

OSNNG2L

momma_tiger said:
There is a HUGE difference between a 29 yo woman, and a 16 yo girl.

Yeah there is and so what if there is...No one else would consider giving me a chance as they think I am worthless then I will give my sweetheart a chance who at least gives a **** how I feel, or what I think, and isn't some judgemental bitch like some other women I know. So, yeah like I said I could care less what you think...As long as I am not old enough to be their father, then I don't give a rats ass what you think...Like she said and I have have stated...There is NO SEXUAL INTENTIONS until after she is at least 18...Do you think I am that dumb with the law to sleep or do something sexual with someone under the age of 18??? Give me a break...I mean its simply she hates where she lives and if you knew the conditions why in which I don't and she doesn't care to explain then maybe you would understand a little better...But I know I could offer her a better living environment...But anyways...I am done with this subject of conversation. You made your point and now I made my...CASE CLOSED!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yeah, your post sure did make your case, and it's about what I expected. She's in for a rude awakening when she grows up and becomes a woman. This isn't about sex - it's about control. Good luck to her - she's going to need it.

O

OSNNG2L

momma_tiger said:
Yeah, your post sure did make your case, and it's about what I expected. She's in for a rude awakening when she grows up and becomes a woman. This isn't about sex - it's about control. Good luck to her - she's going to need it.

My last remark...No where did I ever state that I own or control her in any shape or form.

She has a mind of her own and free wishes...She can come and go as she pleases...She can go where she wants and pretty much do what she wants. She does not and will never need my permission. The choices she makes is the choices she makes...I don't make them for her. She wants to do this for her reasoning as she has been there for me then in return I will do the same for her. To make a relationship it takes 2 people...50/50. I don't expect a damn thing from her and never will...What she wants to do for me is her choice as for what I do for her is my choice.

I don't know where you get your interpretations from, but you best get your facts straight before you open the mouth and make false conclusions based on the information that YOU DON'T KNOW!!!

You sure have a way of running your mouth and downgrading people you don't know...I hope you are proud though...Makes you a real woman to make an ass out of other people to make yourself look better. But I guess that is you and I am glad that I am not you nor that I even personally know you in any shape or form...But thank god.

C

cyana

In TOTAL agreement

momma_tiger and Ms. Johnson. These threads make me want to alternately want to ROTFLMAO or want to puke. I see some serious control issues here. Something's not right about a 23 year old (and possibly divorced man) who can't hold the interest of a woman nearer to his own age and instead "preys upon" (Yes, I did say "preys") the feelings a lovelorn 16 year old girl.

djohnson

And then has the never to slam someone else because they are pregnant. He's useless and a deadbeat that will never make it as a cop. His answers are so childish and wrong so much that all his posts are ridiculous.

C

cyana

LOL

And did you get the impression that he has no life? He gave tons of "contact" email and IM addresses. I would never contact him for anything. And most people his age (barring time spent in the service of our country) are usually completing college by age 23. I'll give him the benefit of doubt here - he possibly could have been a MP or something in the service that would lead to having the desirable "real experience" for a career in Law Enforcement. Then again, he implied he has a "hard luck story", so he could have married young, could possibly have a child, and was divorced by 23. Again just giving him the benefit of doubt here. We don't know his life story.

I do agree that anyone with loads of time on their hands can look things up on the internet; while the contacts he gave Jennifer are likely right, much of the other info he gave her varies from questionable to inaccurate at best (like his implication that VA is a 50/50 or community property state when it's not). Suddenly he seems to be an expert in most branches of the law. Just because you can look statutes up doesn't mean you can understand or interpret them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">