• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce with child.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rfromeyer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Right now me and my wife are going through some really difficult times. We are currently separated, but there's a major stipulation concerning this issue; she took our daughter with her and refuses to tell me where her or our daughter are living.

I've called multiple times wanting to work things out, but my calls were never answered. We have a joint checking account for when I go on deployment, so she has access to the money when she needs it. Recently she's been lying about not only the bank account, but the welfare of our daughter. I recently received a phone call from a family advocacy clinic concerning my daughter. I talked to them and they said that she was cut on her foot, which my wife denies.

She's been draining the checking account of all the money, which leaves me with nothing to live off of. I'm back home due to a major depression disorder. I was hoping that being home with the wife and daughter would help with my situation. Turns out it just made things worse.

She has a history of self mutilation and drug overdose, whether it's prescribed or over the counter. What do I need to do?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Right now me and my wife are going through some really difficult times. We are currently separated, but there's a major stipulation concerning this issue; she took our daughter with her and refuses to tell me where her or our daughter are living.

I've called multiple times wanting to work things out, but my calls were never answered. We have a joint checking account for when I go on deployment, so she has access to the money when she needs it. Recently she's been lying about not only the bank account, but the welfare of our daughter. I recently received a phone call from a family advocacy clinic concerning my daughter. I talked to them and they said that she was cut on her foot, which my wife denies.

She's been draining the checking account of all the money, which leaves me with nothing to live off of. I'm back home due to a major depression disorder. I was hoping that being home with the wife and daughter would help with my situation. Turns out it just made things worse.

She has a history of self mutilation and drug overdose, whether it's prescribed or over the counter. What do I need to do?
Get an attorney and file for divorce and an emergency order for custody/visitation. There is absolutely no justification (short of proven abuse) for keeping a child away from a parent.

At the same time, you should start getting your finances in order. Get a temporary support order in place so you don't have to give her access to all your money and put the rest in an account only in your name. Cancel any joint credit cards, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">