• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce and child responsibilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tojenkax

i am wondering what my legal responsibilities would be if i requested a divorce from my wife. we have been married for just over 1 year (married in louisiana, live in arizona). she works part-time but i provide 95% of the income (with regard to paying the bills).
she has two children from another man from whom she receives no support - i have been supporting them (she has not sought support as long as he left her alone). could i be held responsible for providing child support (i have not adopted the children) or alimony, or any other form of support?
:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tojenkax said:
could i be held responsible for providing child support (i have not adopted the children) or alimony, or any other form of support?
:confused:
My response:

As far as the children are concerned, no.

However, you could get "hit" for a small amount of alimony due to the short duration of your marriage.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">