• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetyme

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I've been married for a year and a month, now i am pregnant and my husband wants me to abort the baby for the reason that he is not ready and he still have some court stuff too. He added that he don't want the baby to live in just an apartment and he said he doesnt have enough savings so i told me i can live with my friend's house and i already talked to them and they'll gonna takes care of me but he said he don't want it.Instead he will send me back to my country if i am not going to abort the baby.I fought with him last night and accidentally slapped him on his face and after that he chalked on me and i almost can't breath. I was thinking to divorce him and will get a child support once the baby comes out from my womb.Please giveme an advice

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I've been married for a year and a month, now i am pregnant and my husband wants me to abort the baby for the reason that he is not ready and he still have some court stuff too. He added that he don't want the baby to live in just an apartment and he said he doesnt have enough savings so i told me i can live with my friend's house and i already talked to them and they'll gonna takes care of me but he said he don't want it.Instead he will send me back to my country if i am not going to abort the baby.I fought with him last night and accidentally slapped him on his face and after that he chalked on me and i almost can't breath. I was thinking to divorce him and will get a child support once the baby comes out from my womb.Please giveme an advice
He can't send you back to your country. You cannot get a divorce while pregnant in the state of Ohio. And both of you quite frankly can end up in jail. YOu had NO RIGHT to slap him. The excuse that you accidentally did so is ridiculous and a lie. YOU SLAPPED HIM which means YOU committed domestic violence. He choked you afterwards? Hmmm... both of you have anger issues.

So here is the advice: DO NOT TOUCH HIM OR ANYONE ELSE. File for divorce and realize that you will not have a divorce granted until after the baby is born. What country are you from? Realize that the baby will most likely be raised in the United States if you file for divorce in Ohio.

sweetyme

He can't send you back to your country. You cannot get a divorce while pregnant in the state of Ohio. And both of you quite frankly can end up in jail. YOu had NO RIGHT to slap him. The excuse that you accidentally did so is ridiculous and a lie. YOU SLAPPED HIM which means YOU committed domestic violence. He choked you afterwards? Hmmm... both of you have anger issues.

So here is the advice: DO NOT TOUCH HIM OR ANYONE ELSE. File for divorce and realize that you will not have a divorce granted until after the baby is born. What country are you from? Realize that the baby will most likely be raised in the United States if you file for divorce in Ohio.
I am from Philippines. The thing is he is so mad until now that i stopped taking the pills without letting him know.I did asked him before like 100 times that i want to stop taking the pills but he don't want me, then i asked him to better used condoms but he don't want to. I was scared of taking pills since i still don't have a baby yet. So i decidemyself to get pregnant which i thought he will be happy but he's not, the reason because he don't want the baby to live in just an apartment and should be in a house, another reason is he's still have a guardianship running on right now which makes him so stuff to think about. Suddenly he decide, if i am not going to abort the baby, then he will send me back home and give me money.
My green card was already approved too:
What should i do?Oh one thing, i slapped his face to wake him up that this is his baby and comes from his blood.Then he choked me and dropped into the couch

CourtClerk

So you trapped him into having a baby.... great.

You know, I in now way condone domestic violence, but what do you expect is going to happen when you haul off and slap someone? I know someone is going to look at me a little sideways, but if you won't want to be hit, keep your hands to yourself (note: this is not the case in all DV situations, but this woman wouldn't have been choked if she wouldn't have slapped him). You don't get a free hit because you're a woman. IMO, the OP needs to be in jail.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am from Philippines. The thing is he is so mad until now that i stopped taking the pills without letting him know.I did asked him before like 100 times that i want to stop taking the pills but he don't want me, then i asked him to better used condoms but he don't want to. I was scared of taking pills since i still don't have a baby yet. So i decidemyself to get pregnant which i thought he will be happy but he's not, the reason because he don't want the baby to live in just an apartment and should be in a house, another reason is he's still have a guardianship running on right now which makes him so stuff to think about. Suddenly he decide, if i am not going to abort the baby, then he will send me back home and give me money.
My green card was already approved too:
What should i do?Oh one thing, i slapped his face to wake him up that this is his baby and comes from his blood.Then he choked me and dropped into the couch
So basically you lied to him by not taking birth control which he knew you were taking and you didn't tell you stopped? Why would you do that? that was a very immature move.
And you committed domestic violence. If convicted you could be deported. If it is after the birth of the baby, the baby could be staying here. You had NO RIGHT to lay a finger on him. He could plead self defense since you were the primary aggressor. Your excuse is just that.

nextwife

Why would you have TRIED to make a baby with a man who so clearly expressed his distaste for the idea of having one now? It is terribly selfish and unfair to have no concern about his wishes- you should have taken his concerns into consideration- or divorced him and then had a child with a partner who also wished a child with you.

WHY do women do this to their future child? Impose - on purpose! - a dad who they KNEW from before conception truly did not want a child now?

sweetyme

So you trapped him into having a baby.... great.

You know, I in now way condone domestic violence, but what do you expect is going to happen when you haul off and slap someone? I know someone is going to look at me a little sideways, but if you won't want to be hit, keep your hands to yourself (note: this is not the case in all DV situations, but this woman wouldn't have been choked if she wouldn't have slapped him). You don't get a free hit because you're a woman. IMO, the OP needs to be in jail.
I did not trapped him! i did asked him hundred times that i want to stopped taking pills because im scared that i couldn't have a baby at all since i still don't have one yet. I did also asked him hundred times to used condoms but he dont wanna do it. ONCE AGAIN I DID NOT TRAPPED HIM AND THATS WHAT I TOLD HIM. He can choose whatever he wanted to, but we stayed strong for this. We both decided to stay married and live happily ever after. I only slapped him because he wanted to send me back to PI just becaUse i'm pregnant and the fear of responsibility. I even told him, i have a job, im working and i think i can handle myself if we will both decided to get divorced: EVERYONE OF US HAS HIS/HER OWN FREEDOM AND THAT'S NOT MY JOB TO TRAPPED SOMEBODY INTO MY ARMS. It's just that it's too hard for me to chose between him and the baby.
Sometimes i was thinking not to choose any one of them. I really don't know as of now... time will tell

Nativity

It's just that it's too hard for me to chose between him and the baby.
Sometimes i was thinking not to choose any one of them. I really don't know as of now... time will tell
Please consider giving this child up for adoption so the child can be loved and raised by parents who won't have a difficult time choosing who is more important.

And why on earth did you spam a kids message board and then ask a child to send you their picture?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I did not trapped him! i did asked him hundred times that i want to stopped taking pills because im scared that i couldn't have a baby at all since i still don't have one yet
You did trap him. Because you stopped using birth control pills without his awareness and continued to have sex without condoms or other birth control. Then you continued on with your actions.

I did also asked him hundred times to used condoms but he dont wanna do it. ONCE AGAIN I DID NOT TRAPPED HIM AND THATS WHAT I TOLD HIM.
Then you SHOULD NOT have had sex. AT ALL. If you didn't want a baby and he didn't want a baby you should not have allowed your hormones to dictate and had sex with him. End of story.

He can choose whatever he wanted to, but we stayed strong for this. We both decided to stay married and live happily ever after. I only slapped him because he wanted to send me back to PI just becaUse i'm pregnant and the fear of responsibility.
Let me speak slowly. YOU. HAD. NO. RIGHT. To. TOUCH. HIM. You. COMMITTED. A. CRIME.

I even told him, i have a job, im working and i think i can handle myself if we will both decided to get divorced: EVERYONE OF US HAS HIS/HER OWN FREEDOM AND THAT'S NOT MY JOB TO TRAPPED SOMEBODY INTO MY ARMS. It's just that it's too hard for me to chose between him and the baby.
Oh well. Your stupidity.

You are now stuck with him forever once the baby is born. You will not get a divorce until the baby is born. He will have equal standing to get custody and you may either receive or pay child support.

But quite frankly you committed a crime of domestic violence. Your excuses are pathetic. You are no better than he is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">