• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce costs & stopping the lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suzipeg

What is the name of your state? MN & NC Another mother here with questions! My son is also in the military and his wife left him (he's been in the army for 1 yr) there are no children. He needs a divorce ASAP, but in NC (where he is stationed) there is a 12 month waiting period where he will have to pay his wife alimony, which he can't afford! How much do divorces cost in MN where he is a legal resident? And how on earth can he STOP his wife from spreading nonstop lies about him to his Chain of Command (all his commanding officers now beleive he is an abusive husband which he is NOT, and never has been, and no, there is no proof, no documentation--but they believe her anyways) She has ruined his reputation and is destroying his life as well as his spirit. Need advice ASAP! thank-you!!

F

FLJan

If your son needs a divorce ASAP i'd suggest that he needed to file for it in NC. Look in the yellow pages for a lawyer that will give a free consultation, there should be several in your area. If not some lawyers will return a call and answers questions that your son has he just has do his homework.
As far as the lies, he will need proof! If he knows of anyone that will state lies about you, have it documented and notorized. If one comander won't listen tell him to go through *chain of command* Also he can always go for legal advice on base, but the experience my son has had, they don't help that much. but its a start, and they can tell him what he can and can't do being that he is in the service. If he needs to talk to someone tell him also to go see the chaplin, sometimes they can help more then what people think.
Good luck

Jan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">