• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce credit card debt help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Acos

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

My husband and I have been separated for one year and I have a court date in February. We have no children or assests. We both have our own credit cards - in our own names. Before he left, without asking me, he charged a big screen TV on his credit card and he took it when he left. The card is in HIS NAME. I received a letter today from my husband telling me that I was responsible for half of the bill and he expects me to pay him. Even though I did not buy the TV when he left I have helped him by paying $40/month. My question is - am I responsible for half the debt or not. I do not have the TV and I am NOT on his crdit card (which is where the debt currently is). IF NOT - Can I obtain the money I have paid him over the past year.

Thanks for your free advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">