• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce and dealing with a land contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dalejrfan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello,

My husband wants a divorce. We are buying a house on land contract and we still owe on it. He wants to keep the nice car, and nice house. He is living there and has possession of the car. The loan is in his name only for the house.

He gave me the truck that does not run.

When buying on land contract, do i have a right to half the equity in the house? Also, if he keeps the house , would it be fair for me to get the car and give him the truck?

He is not working and I am. I am homeless, staying with family, with very little money.

He won't negotiate, except to say he will take the debt of $6000.00 for credit cards in exchange for the car and house. the car is a 2007 buick lucerne in nice shape.

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello,

My husband wants a divorce. We are buying a house on land contract and we still owe on it. He wants to keep the nice car, and nice house. He is living there and has possession of the car. The loan is in his name only for the house.

He gave me the truck that does not run.

When buying on land contract, do i have a right to half the equity in the house? Also, if he keeps the house , would it be fair for me to get the car and give him the truck?

He is not working and I am. I am homeless, staying with family, with very little money.

He won't negotiate, except to say he will take the debt of $6000.00 for credit cards in exchange for the car and house. the car is a 2007 buick lucerne in nice shape.
How much equity does the house have? Is the contract fully executed? Did you have a closing? Or is this more of a rent to own situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">