• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Debt Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BluesyMckay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My wife and I have been in the process of bankruptcy for approximately 3 years, in PA the statute of limitations that someone can come after you is 4 years. I am in the process of taking myself off of the bankruptcy for the following reasons:
-The statute will be up within a year for 90% of my debts within the year
-I have given my wife the money to pay it off multiple times and it hasn't been done, so it is up to her now. Which she has admitted she won't have the money for at least 6 more months.
-I work in a cash industry (waiter) and have no wages to garner, plus I make less than $20,000 a year.
-On top of which I pay child support and am a full time student.

The ONLY joint debt we have is a mini van that was repo'ed two years ago. It has $8,000 in debt left on it, for the above reasons I am not worried about the creditors.

My QUESTION is, How Do I Handle This on The Debt Section of the Divorce Paperwork?

Thank you for your time.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Truthfully you need to do the bankruptcy or you will suffer the repercussions. Get an attorney to help you with the divorce paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">