• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

porsha

Virginia

I am finalizing the divorce decree and the first paragraph drawn up by my ex's lawyer states there was a bill of complaint filed by him that I answered and my cross bill that he answered. In this decree it states the cross bill is dismissed which I don't know if this is just legal terms and ok or what.
I asked this be removed because when I questioned them about it they said that the cross bill is dismissed but and the bill of complaint will be dismissed once this is finalized. He said no this is legal terms that needs to stay here.
Is he correct? Or just telling me this because he knows I don't have a lawyer?

LdiJ

porsha said:
Virginia

I am finalizing the divorce decree and the first paragraph drawn up by my ex's lawyer states there was a bill of complaint filed by him that I answered and my cross bill that he answered. In this decree it states the cross bill is dismissed which I don't know if this is just legal terms and ok or what.
I asked this be removed because when I questioned them about it they said that the cross bill is dismissed but and the bill of complaint will be dismissed once this is finalized. He said no this is legal terms that needs to stay here.
Is he correct? Or just telling me this because he knows I don't have a lawyer?
I think that you probably need to at least pay an attorney to review the divorce decree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">