• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

r1willi

What is the name of your state? Texas. My divorce decree states that whin i pay my ex-wife 5000.00$ she will give up our home property. Can this be done with out her name being legally taken off. If not how can it be taken off.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Texas. My divorce decree states that whin i pay my ex-wife 5000.00$ she will give up our home property. Can this be done with out her name being legally taken off. If not how can it be taken off.
Legally taken off of what? If you mean the deed, then don't give her the 5k until she signs a quit claim deed.

However, if you mean the mortgage, then she would be an absolute fool to give you a quit claim deed before you refinance the mortgage to take her name off of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">