• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dryflies4trout

I am recently divorced. I received a letter from my attorney stating that the judge signed the papers the first week of this month. Do I get a copy of the final divorce decree or certificate (are these two separate documents?) automatically, or do I have to get a copy from vital records? This was not made clear to me. Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

I am recently divorced. I received a letter from my attorney stating that the judge signed the papers the first week of this month. Do I get a copy of the final divorce decree or certificate (are these two separate documents?) automatically, or do I have to get a copy from vital records? This was not made clear to me. Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your attorney should send you a copy when he/she receives it. If you don't have it, ask the attorney for a copy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">