• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Decree Help *URGENT*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoveBirds

Hello,
My husband to be has been divorced since before 2005 and he belives it was in Texas I tried to find it through Vital Statics I was able to find the marriage that happend in 2000 but I was not able to find the divorce.

His ex wife got re-married in 2005 and got divorced in 2010 which we found out through the help of his brother & sister we tried find her divorce in 2010 and were unable to find that as well.

The point is that she was able to re-marry and we want to get married before the end of Feburary 2017 as our Anniversary is then.

He has not had contact with his ex wife since for over 10 years and has no idea where she would be living now or anything of that nature but it did come up as her name as a different last name from her maiden name or his last name when i tried to search for his using other website's.

I was reading up that Vital Statics could even find a Divorce in Texas if he was living somewhere else like say Minnesota for example and would be able to get it for him, Is this correct?

Silverplum

Hello,
My husband to be has been divorced since before 2005 and he belives it was in Texas I tried to find it through Vital Statics I was able to find the marriage that happend in 2000 but I was not able to find the divorce.

His ex wife got re-married in 2005 and got divorced in 2010 which we found out through the help of his brother & sister we tried find her divorce in 2010 and were unable to find that as well.

The point is that she was able to re-marry and we want to get married before the end of Feburary 2017 as our Anniversary is then.

He has not had contact with his ex wife since for over 10 years and has no idea where she would be living now or anything of that nature but it did come up as her name as a different last name from her maiden name or his last name when i tried to search for his using other website's.

I was reading up that Vital Statics could even find a Divorce in Texas if he was living somewhere else like say Minnesota for example and would be able to get it for him, Is this correct?
I don't know. Call them and ask.

But your version of "*URGENT*" varies greatly from mine, or the courts'. Don't call a legal issue "urgent" unless someone is bleeding or imprisoned. :rolleyes:

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I don't know. Call them and ask.

But your version of "*URGENT*" varies greatly from mine, or the courts'. Don't call a legal issue "urgent" unless someone is bleeding or imprisoned. :rolleyes:
Indeed!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, SP.

LdiJ

Hello,

How is it that your soon to be husband does not know where he got divorced? He should not only know what state, but what county as well. Hopefully he is not just hoping that his ex wife divorced him before remarrying herself.

There is no national database of divorces. The only way he can find his divorce (if it exists) is to know the state and county where it took place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">