• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce decree modification and home sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike77584

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I have two questions I am hoping that someone here can help with
1) My wife and I have filed for a non-contested divorce in Brazoria county texas. This is a pro se divorce. Now that our 61days is up for the waiting period I can get my court date. However, on the paperwork I filed I did not include the account number for a vehicle loan we have together. I need to modify the paperwork to include this account number. Can I simply recreate my paperwork and take it back down to the court house or do I need to file some other special paperwork for the modificaiton?

2) We are currently living together in our house and trying to sell it. I have been told by several people that have gone through this that we should wait to finalize the divorce until after the sale of the home. Is this true and why? We are both on the mortgage and "on the hook" for splitting the payments.

Thanks so much for your input.
Mike.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">