• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Defualt help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BASchmidt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I've filed for divorce and had a question about a default. I sent the papers back in late December and she had 30 days to send them back after she signed for the delivery/served notice. 30 Days had passed and still nothing so I requested papers for a default (which was the max time she had to send the papers back notarized by her). It took awhile but I finally got them, only to receive the papers back from my Wife two days later... a whole 24 days past the time she had to do so. So now I'm not sure if I still file the default papers (and will that cost more money?) or do I just go ahead and file them as if she never was late on them and get it over with.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I've filed for divorce and had a question about a default. I sent the papers back in late December and she had 30 days to send them back after she signed for the delivery/served notice. 30 Days had passed and still nothing so I requested papers for a default (which was the max time she had to send the papers back notarized by her). It took awhile but I finally got them, only to receive the papers back from my Wife two days later... a whole 24 days past the time she had to do so. So now I'm not sure if I still file the default papers (and will that cost more money?) or do I just go ahead and file them as if she never was late on them and get it over with.
If you can, I would just get it over with. Why take extra steps that you do not have to take?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">