• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce delaying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X45350

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

My husband says he is going to delay our divorce until I run out of money so he can get custody of my 1 year old son. Can he do that? Is there anyway to force him to get this over with? His parents will pay for his and I don't have any extra $?

JETX

X45350 said:
My husband says he is going to delay our divorce until I run out of money so he can get custody of my 1 year old son. Can he do that?
He can certainly try. It is up to your attorney to take measures to minimize any delays.

X45350

My attorney doesn't seem to get anything moving, he's pays no child support yet and I'm running out of money!!! Just the daycare expense is killing me! We have a home that I paid the downpayment on and all I've asked for is child support and my downpayment back. He can have everything else....how much fairer can I be?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">