• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cami29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Hi My question is that my divorce was denied due to judge stating "No Jurisdictional Proof had been filed of record in support of a decree of dissolution of marriage" What does this mean and what must I do to correct it?

Thanks
Cami29

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Hi My question is that my divorce was denied due to judge stating "No Jurisdictional Proof had been filed of record in support of a decree of dissolution of marriage" What does this mean and what must I do to correct it?

Thanks
Cami29
You need to prove to the court that they have a right to hear the case and decide it by them having subject matter jurisdiction (jurisdiction to hear divorces in that there is a marriage and you are filing in the right county to have it dissolved) and personal jurisdiction (jurisdiction over the people involved).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">