• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and deportation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawsonrd

Arizona

My friend's husband was deported to Mexico after abusing her. She wishes to get a dissolution of marriage and I am researching for her.

She does not know where he now is in Mexico and asks how she can serve him or is it not necessary under the circumstances. She will seek a default divorce here in Arizona.

She can provide the Protection Order that the Sheriff has and she can get a copy of the Deportation Order.

LdiJ

dawsonrd said:
Arizona

My friend's husband was deported to Mexico after abusing her. She wishes to get a dissolution of marriage and I am researching for her.

She does not know where he now is in Mexico and asks how she can serve him or is it not necessary under the circumstances. She will seek a default divorce here in Arizona.

She can provide the Protection Order that the Sheriff has and she can get a copy of the Deportation Order.
It would be best if she gets an attorney. This can be handled pretty simply via service by publication....however the steps to getting permission to serve via publication can sometimes be complicated.....that's why its better handled by an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">