• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and effect on mutual funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shannon71

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Wondering if anyone knows anything about how to get a mutual fund started by my father as a wedding gift with my ex as "rights of Survivorship". I assumed this meant that the mutual fund was still under my control since he had only survivor rights but it appears that divorce complicates things and he has to sign over rights for me to do anything!

The DEAD BEAT was cheating on me while we were in Japan and took off to Thailand with one of his mistresses. I am having BestPeopleSearch try to find his whereabouts. Once I find him...what do I do if he won't respond?

The amount is only a couple of thousand dollars but its better than nothing.
Isn't there anyway to get around this? Can't I summon him to court and if he doesn't show, ask the judge to give rights to me? What kind of lawyer would even help in a case hardly worth $2,000?

Any advice would help.
Shannon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">