• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce filed in Alabama: Free method to verify?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Honey1955

What is the name of your state? Alabama
I am investigating a case. Supposedly, divorce papers were filed in Jefferson County, Alabama. This can be verified online through alacourt.com but the cost is well over $200 for one month of access. Is there another way to verify?

Honey1955 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama
I am investigating a case. Supposedly, divorce papers were filed in Jefferson County, Alabama. This can be verified online through alacourt.com but the cost is well over $200 for one month of access. Is there another way to verify?
You could call Jefferson County courthouse to ask a copy of divorce papers for fee.

Honey1955

I know the divorce is not final yet so there are no final papers, but I need to know if it has even been filed. Would they still give me that info?

S

seniorjudge

Honey1955 said:
I know the divorce is not final yet so there are no final papers, but I need to know if it has even been filed. Would they still give me that info?
They should but it may require a trip to the courthouse. Clerks don't like to be looking up stuff for people who call on the phone. It interferes with their coffee breaks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">