• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Filed over 2 1/2 yrs ago and Respondent will not allow divorce to finalize

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Divorce2011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I filed for divorce over 2 1/2 years ago, 2 attorneys and 20k+ later - I just recently had his attorney halt trial and told me my ex wanted to reconcile and if I wanted the divorce to end I would have to do so on my own (trial was threatened if I didn't give them more paperwork they were requesting - I disagreed with debt and declined to provide and had taken them up on their threat). However, since I no longer have an attorney or the funds to seek an attorney or trial, I was looking into a way to divorce and resolve these items at a later date. I came across Bifurcate - what paperwork would I have to file and what is the process to do so? Everything else has been served and child custody has been resolved - just debts and assets remain.

Please help, I need to get out from under his harassment and his attorneys dictating this divorce!! My last attorney told me that my case should have been an easy dissolution except now I have a high profile case because he has continued to bring this case to a standstill or twice he has called a Ex Party against me - both times dismissed and I won attorney fees.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I filed for divorce over 2 1/2 years ago, 2 attorneys and 20k+ later - I just recently had his attorney halt trial and told me my ex wanted to reconcile and if I wanted the divorce to end I would have to do so on my own (trial was threatened if I didn't give them more paperwork they were requesting - I disagreed with debt and declined to provide and had taken them up on their threat). However, since I no longer have an attorney or the funds to seek an attorney or trial, I was looking into a way to divorce and resolve these items at a later date. I came across Bifurcate - what paperwork would I have to file and what is the process to do so? Everything else has been served and child custody has been resolved - just debts and assets remain.

Please help, I need to get out from under his harassment and his attorneys dictating this divorce!! My last attorney told me that my case should have been an easy dissolution except now I have a high profile case because he has continued to bring this case to a standstill or twice he has called a Ex Party against me - both times dismissed and I won attorney fees.

This might help:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1238.htm

Divorce2011

How to fill out FL-315 Bifurcate

The form asks about retirement and pension. Would that be retirement at the time of separation I provide? It also asks about conditions - they property would be the only thing I check is that correct? It also requests a reason - do I provide a detailed letter (memorandum)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">