• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Filing time to Finalization(Time Limits)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tailpeaces

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
Please help me!! I filed for divorce in July 1998. The request was filed with the court, my husband was served and signed the documents and they were then mailed to the paralegal company. Unfortunately the company I hired to process the divorce went bankrupt, and as far a I know our divorce was never finalized. Is there a time limit on the paperwork that was filed in July 1998?? Can I proceed with the divorce with that paperwork or is there a time limit? Do I have to start the process over again? Please help...any information you can provide would be a blessing.

LdiJ

tailpeaces said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
Please help me!! I filed for divorce in July 1998. The request was filed with the court, my husband was served and signed the documents and they were then mailed to the paralegal company. Unfortunately the company I hired to process the divorce went bankrupt, and as far a I know our divorce was never finalized. Is there a time limit on the paperwork that was filed in July 1998?? Can I proceed with the divorce with that paperwork or is there a time limit? Do I have to start the process over again? Please help...any information you can provide would be a blessing.
I suspect that you are going to have to start over. Get a consult with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">