• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in the Florida Keys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blahism

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi there,

I live in the Florida Keys and I am trying to figure out how to go about divorcing my husband of four years. We have a two year old son. I'm frightened he may try to retrieve our son and run away. I would never keep our son from his daddy - with emotions high right now - I'm trying to figure out how to keep us protected but not keep him from his dad. I've spoken to a legal aid office and since I was primarily a stay at home mom - I should be applicable. I am just uncertain of what will follow and hope someone may be able to shed some light.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi there,

I live in the Florida Keys and I am trying to figure out how to go about divorcing my husband of four years. We have a two year old son. I'm frightened he may try to retrieve our son and run away. I would never keep our son from his daddy - with emotions high right now - I'm trying to figure out how to keep us protected but not keep him from his dad. I've spoken to a legal aid office and since I was primarily a stay at home mom - I should be applicable. I am just uncertain of what will follow and hope someone may be able to shed some light.
You file for divorce and temporary custody. You also request the court order that neither party can take the child out of state until after the divorce is settled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">